SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker

Go down

How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker  Empty How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker

Post  lydia520622 Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am

Summary: Trouble importing and editing GoPro HD HERO2/HERO3 MP4 video files in Windows Movie Maker? Fortunately, there is an easy way to fix this issue. Let's find it out here!

How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker  Gopro-to-windows-movie-maker

GoPro is the world's most versatile HD camera for sports. GoPro Surf Hero, Hero 960, HD Hero 2, HD Hero 3, etc are familiar to everyone whoever has passion for outdoor activities. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import and edit
brorsoft.com/how-to/use-gopro-videos-in-windows-movie-maker.html
GoPro HD MP4 movies with Window Movie Maker
software. There're some frequently asked questions quoted as below.

Q1: unsupported file type
I'm trying to edit a video from my GoPro Hero camera on Windows Movie Maker and it won't work. Whenever I go to import my video to the program it says: "The file E:\017.MP4 is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker." Is there anyway I can update it or change it so that it will support my video type?

Q2: lag, freeze and crash
What’s going on is that I bought a GoPro and I have nothing to edit the clips with. I have windows movie maker but it struggles with the files for some reason. Sometimes just playing the video it lags and if the files to big it will freeze and close the program. So I’m wondering if there’s something I can change to the file or the program to make it compatible.

As you know Gopro records MP4 videos, but it seems Windows Movie Maker (including the recent Movie Maker 2012) does not like the way. The file type is a compressed output format, but not ideal for editing in NLE system. To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode MP4 files to Movie Maker natively supported formats (WMV/AVI are highly recommended). Along with some help from third-party software, it can be done effortlessly. Here I share a simple guide on how to convert GoPro HD MP4 files for Windows Movie Maker editing smoothly. If you’re facing the issues, read on to find the answer.

Downloading the App- Brorsoft
brorsoft.com/video-converter/index.html
Video Converter
, a powerful high-quality video converter, player and editor. If you are editing GoPro videos with Windows Movie Maker, chances are you already installed this great free utility. If not, download it it from
ngmco.net/download/?s=7cec326904dc9941026ec8d710ae2512&n=test
here.

Overall, the program is the best Video Converter for GoPro HD footage. With this Gopro video converter, you can effortlessly transcode Gopro MP4 to WMV or AVI, which will create an Windows Movie Maker friendly file format keeping the Gopro original quality. Besides WMM, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro/Element, AVI for Pinnacle Studio and more NLE systems for native editing. For Mac users,
brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html
Video Converter Mac is the alternative choice. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.

Convert/Import GoPro HD Hero2/Hero3 MP4 files to Windows Movie Maker

Step 1: Add Gopro MP4 video files

Install and launch the GoPro HD MP4 converter and load source MP4 clips to it.

How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker  Convert-hm700-mov-files

Step 2: Choose output format

Click "Format" pull down list to select HD Video -->WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.

How to Convet GoRro Hero2/Hero3 footage for Editing in Windows Movie Maker  Windows-movie-maker-output-formats

Tip - Profile Settings:
In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click "Settings" button and enter "Profile Settings" panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step 3: Start GoPro MP4 video conversion

Click "Convert" button to start encoding Gopro HD MP4 video to AVI/WMV for importing to Windows Movie Maker or Window Live Movie Maker. When the conversion task is finished, click "Open" button to get the exported files and then import the converted GoPro MP4 files into Movie Maker to do further editing and sharing.

Related Guides and Tips:
brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-transfer-gopro-hero3-mp4-files-to-avid-media-composer6-mac.html
Use GoPro Hero3 MP4 files with Avid Media Composer 6
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-footage-to-adobe-premiere-pro.html
How to get Premiere Pro working with GoPro HD footage
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-hero3-h264-mp4-to-fcp7-mac.html
How to import GoPro MP4 to Final Cut Pro 7
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-gopro-hd-mp4-files-in-imovie-11.html
How to ingest GoPro MP4 footage in iMovie 11
brorsoft.com/how-to/get-pinnacle-studio-editing-gopro-footage.html
How to load GoPro footage to Pinnacle Studio
brorsoft.com/how-to/upload-gopro-videos-to-youtube.html
How to upload GoPro videos to YouTube
lydia622520.rollr.com/posts/convertinguploading-mxf-format-videos-to-youtube-to-broadcast-brilliant-mxf-recordings
Uploading MXF format videos to Youtube to Broadcast Brilliant MXF Recordings
portable-device-conversion.com/uploading-and-importing-mp4-videos-from-gopro-to-youtube-movies-with-a-flvavi-video-format/
Importing MP4 Videos from GoPro to Youtube movies with a FLV/AVI video format
portable-device-conversion.com/after-effects-tutorial-exportingrendering-gopro-mp4-videos-to-ae-cs4cs4cs5-step-by-step/
Tutorials: Convert GoPro MP4 files for After Effects CS4/CS5/CS6

Source:
How to Edit GoPro video with Windows Movie Maker?

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down