SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player

Go down

Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player Empty Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player

Post  Alisa16 Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 am

Description: From this article, you can learn how to keep 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV on hard drive for playback on media player with lossless audio.

I used to think that I could play my Blu-ray movies on my media player. But when I have a try by myself, it shows that I was wrong. After did some research and I found something. Take Windows media player as an example, Windows media player is capable of playing all types of media. However, many video formats, such as Blu-ray, are proprietary and typically require a royalty payment in the form of a license to its owner. In order for Microsoft to include support for Blu-ray discs, it would have to pay Sony a royalty, which would likely mean passing on that cost to consumers. Instead, Microsoft chooses to let the consumer decide on whether to pay to use Blu-ray technology.

Due to this, I searched online for a blu-ray ripping software to convert 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV while keeping all lossless audio for playback on my Windows Media player. I searched for "was capable of ripping Disney blu-rays" and many blu-ray ripping software came up. I’ve tried some such as MakeMKV, Handbrake and son on. However, although MakeMKV helps me to get MKV files, it suffers a little quality loss, while Handbrake only help me convert normally 30GB file down to 3-6GB. My problem wasn’t completely solved until I tried Pavtube ByteCopy( Mac user: Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac). I really appreciate its profile of backing up blu-ray movies to MKV without quality loss. Beside, it could have worked on all my movies.

Below is the method how I convert 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV keeping all lossless audio for playback on my Media player.

1. Install and run the converter. Click load disc button to import the Blu-ray movies to the program.

Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player Blu-ray-movies-to-media-player

2. Click the Format menu, select "Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.mkv)" as the output video format.

Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player Blu-ray-movies-to-media-player-format

3. This specific profile could allow you to choose the audios you want as well as encode them.

Rip 1080p Blu-ray movies to 720p MKV with lossless audio for playback on Windows media player Blu-ray-movies-to-media-player-settings

4. Finally click the Convert button to begin ripping blu-ray to 720p MKV keeping all lossless audio.

After encoding process has finished successfully, go into the destination directory and backup the converted files to my hard drive, then I could playback on a media player I like.

Some articles about ripping blu-ray movies:

Backup Blu-ray/DVDs to MKV including all Subtitles and Audio tracks to Media Server
Rip my Blu-rays to Plex Media Server for streaming
Windows Media Player Won't Play AVI? Solved with 3 methods!
Top 5 Windows Media Player Alternatives
2014 Top 5 DVD Movie Converter for Portable devices, HDTV and HD Media Players

Source: http://device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/02/rip-1080p-blu-ray-movies-to-720p-mkv.html

Alisa16

Jumlah posting : 395
Registration date : 2013-01-24

Back to top Go down