SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting Canon T4i/650D h.264 MOV to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X Smooth editing

Go down

Converting Canon T4i/650D h.264 MOV to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X Smooth editing Empty Converting Canon T4i/650D h.264 MOV to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X Smooth editing

Post  lydia520622 Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:21 pm

Summary: The following passage guides you how to convert Canon T4i/650D H.264 MOV footages to FCP Apple ProRes 422 encoded MOV file so that you can edit the Canon T4i videos in Final Cut Pro 6/7/X without problems.

With every new Camera, comes many new questions about workflow. The term ‘workflow’ can be fairly broad, but today I am looking at importing Canon Rebel T4i (EOS 650D) footage into Final Cut Pro. The Canon T4i uses the same workflow as the Canon EOS series of cameras which includes the 550D (T2i), 600D (T3i), and 1000D (XS), because it records in the same H.264 MOV format. Although the tools for importing the footage have been updated by Canon, it seems not working well when ingesting T4i footage to Final Cut Pro. Below, I will throw a quick tutorial up on how to import videos from Canon T4i/650D into Final Cut Pro (FCP 6/7 and FCP X) without the EOS Movie Plugin-E1.

The impressive video image quality of Canon’s EOS digital SLRs is their use of the sophisticated H.264/MPEG-4 compression method for recording video files to the camera’s memory card. The same with the new-brand Rebel T4i (65D) recording videos in H.264 MOV formats. The H.264 compression format requires that files be transcoded into a format better suited to editing, effects, and color grading; this would usually be Apple ProRes. So, to bring your Canon T4i footage into Final Cut Pro for smoothly editing on Mac, you’re suggested to transcode Canon T4i mov to Apple ProRes, the native editing codec of FCP in advance. Along with some help from a third-party software.

That’s where Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac comes in: it is good at encoding camera shootings in different formats (H.264 MOV, MTS/M2TS, MXF, etc.) to video editing software compatible file types, i.e. ProRes for FCP, AIC for iMoive, and DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, making the experience of editing Canon T4i HD Video footage with Final Cut Pro as fast and seamless as possible. Just download a free trial here and follow the guide below to convert Canon T4i/650D MOV to Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7 or FCP X further editing.

Transcoding/Importing Canon T4i H.264 footage to Final Cut Pro

Step 1: Run the top Mac Canon Video Converter for Final Cut Pro and load T4i H.264 MOV clips to the program. You can click either “Add Video” button or “Add from folder” button to load source MOV files.

If you want to combine the loaded MOV clips into one file, simply tick off the checkbox before “Merge into one file”.

Step 2: Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to “Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format.

Tip: By clicking “Settings” button, you are able to enter the “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video and audio parameters for your Canon T4i MOV source files, including video size, bit rate, frame rate and more.

Step 3: Click “Convert” button to start transcoding Canon T4i footage to Apple ProRes Codec for Final Cut Pro.

Once the process completes, you are able to log and transfer Canon T4i footage to Final Cut Pro 6/7 or FCP X for further editing on Mac as you want.

Source:
jacknjchn.tumblr.com/post/47517869059/converting-canon-rebel-t4i-650d-h-264-mov-to-prores-for

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down