SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DVD to MKV Guide: Convert old DVDs to MKV for using on a PC

Go down

DVD to MKV Guide: Convert old DVDs to MKV for using on a PC Empty DVD to MKV Guide: Convert old DVDs to MKV for using on a PC

Post  aqlucky Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:57 pm

DVD to MKV Guide: Convert old DVDs to MKV for using on a PC

“ I did a search on google for what I want to do and I found only found one link which did not help me. It seems there are a lot of people wanting to convert MKV's to DVD but I want to convert my DVDs to MKV files to put on my media center PC.

Many many years ago, I tried many different programs to accomplish converting DVD to avi using Xvid and Divx and never was happy with the outcome. I used EasyDIVX, Vdomi, and a few others I can't think of. I seem to remember the audio never syncing correctly.

A week ago, I thought "All this time has went by, I'm sure there is now a great easy way to convert my DVDs into a fairly small file." So I started the journey and one again and found the pavtube it’s great and easy to use.”

“I use the pavtube DVDAID on a PC that has a video card nVIDIA Ge Force GTX 780 Ti and converted MKV from old DVD and have to say it’s very fast.”

There are lots of Online evaluation of pavtube software, this guide will show you how to complete the DVD to MKV conversion with the original quality in a simple way.

Tips:
If you have copied DVD to hard disk, and been slightly frustrated with format's limitations, then Matroska is probably what you are looking for. Here are three major reasons that you will rip DVD to MKV format:
1. Rip DVD to MKV and remove DVD protections that prevent you from watch DVD movie as you please.
2. Backup DVD to MKV still keeping all audio subtitle tracks and chapters.
3. Thanks to H.264 encoding, MKV is ideal output format to preserve the DVD quality.

What is MKV Video?

Matroska (MKV) aims to become the standard of multimedia container formats. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like DVD movies or TV shows. Matroska is similar in conception to other containers like AVI, MP4 or ASF, but is completely open source. Matroska file types are .MKV for video (and audio), .MKA for audio-only files and MKS for subtitle file (related resource Convert MKV to DVD).

The most significant advantage of MKV video is that, it can hold unlimited streams, like multiple Video, Audio, Subtitle tracks into one single file. It is just like a DVD navigator built in MKV file, which can make you enjoy advanced cinematic extras such as multiple audio tracks (e.g. director's commentary), multilingual subtitles, chapter points, bonus content and more.

Step-by-step guide: How to convert DVD to MKV files.

Download the free trail of Pavtube DVDAID

Step1. Insert your DVD disc to the drive, then launch the DVD ripping software and click the “Load Disc” button to have the DVD content imported.

Note: If you just want to rip some chapters of your DVD to MKV, check the title of the each chapter for converting. Choose the subtitles and audio track as you like.

Step2. Select “MKV(Matroska) Video (*.mkv)” as output format from “Common Video” category under the drop-down list of “Format”.

If you want to get better HD video quality, just select “MKV HD Video (*.mkv)” from “HD Video” category.

Step3. Hit Start button to start conversion. During the process, you can view detailed progress info, and preview the progress with real time images. OK. Leave the rest to best DVD to MKV Converter, and everything will be done very quickly.

Once get the converted MKV files, just copy and dump them on your pc. In fact, you can also transfer the DVD to other formats for playback on your all devices.

watch DVD VOB on iPad Air, iPhone 5S and 5C
watch DVD movies on Android tablet or mobile phone

What is the purpose of ripping DVD to MKV

After you backup DVD to MKV format, you can even use your Windows Media Player or QuickTime to playback MKV video. Thanks to open source and open standard, it is quite easy to find a component MKV Player on both Windows and Mac OS.

Meanwhile, after converting DVD to MKV on Mac, you are allowed to convert MKV to iPhone, transfer MKV to iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, etc. It is greatly delightful when you on the trip and still enjoy DVD movies.

Source:http://open-media-community.com/2014/06/09/dvd-to-mkv-for-using-on-a-pc/

aqlucky

Jumlah posting : 535
Registration date : 2012-04-13

Back to top Go down