SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X

Go down

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Empty Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X

Post  lydia520622 Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:45 pm

[size="4"]Trouble importing and editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in Final Cut Pro X? Look no further, here you will find an easy workaround to achieve your goal smoothly.[/size]

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Sony-pmw-ex1r-to-fcpx

The XDCAM EX PMW-EX1R is the direct successor to Sony's first entry into memory recording – the PMW-EX1. The PMW-EX1R produces truly exceptional images in 1080p, 720p and 1080i HD. The PMW-EX1R is equipped with a high-quality, high-definition Fujinon 14x zoom lens specifically designed to offer optimum picture performance and unprecedented functionality. The full Sony XDCAM EX line-up provides stunning HD picture quality and efficient nonlinear operation, expanding the creative possibilities in every type of HD video production. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import
brorsoft.com/how-to/transfer-sony-pmw-ex1r-footage-for-fcp-x.html
Sony PMW-EX1R recorded MP4 footage into Final Cut Pro X for further editing. And there are some frequently asked questions quoted as below:

"Sony PMW-EX1R Footage Import Issues
I have footage shot on the Sony PMW-EX1R which usually is imported straight from the camera as .mxf files. Then I convert the .mxf to .mp4 and import that footage into FCPX. This time however I rushed when importing the footage, selected only the .mov codec to import, returned the camera, and now only have the videos in .mov format. The .mov footage plays fine on VLC but on Quicktime and once imported into FCPX is completely green and silent. Am I screwed? Why would the camera shoot in both .mov and .mxf? Is the .mov just a sick joke-codec to torment me?"

"Question - best way to import EX1R MP4 files
I have an older MAC Pro dual Xeon 2.66 and a matrox mini max, 13GB ram and a striped raid media drive. Trying to get all I can out of this machine. I want to edit from my EX1R 1920x1080 30P MP4 files. I have snow leapord Final cut Pro suite with FCP 7. What is the best way to bring them into my mac and what format should I use? I downloaded the ex XDcam clip browser it makes MFX files. Is this the best?"

As far as we know, native EX and XDCAM support may be up to Sony, not Apple. There is no "native" XDCAM EX support (unlike native DSLR support) in Final Cut Pro X and FCP 7/6- and the XDCAM Browser won't do the trick, nor will the Clip Browser. You have to use something you may not have used before: XDCAM Transfer. Using this plug-in, you can view thumbnails of your video clips and import the videos into your Final Cut Pro project. But the most troubling of all is that some users even struggled to download the plug-in, problems still occurred during the importing process. Then how to solve the problem? What's the best and quickest way to ingest Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage to Final Cut Pro X?

Besides recordings media in .MXF wrapper, Sony XDCAM EX camcorders like the Sony EX1, EX1R, EX3 also record MPEG-2 codec MP4 format video, which is not good for editing in Apple Final Cut Pro, and you will often encounter importing and codec problems. FCP is designed to work best in ProRes, so the best method to fix the compatibility issues of Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X is to convert Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage to Apple ProRes codec. For this purpose, this article will outline how to transcode Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 to ProRes MOV in detail.

[quote] mac-video-compatibility.over-blog.com/sony-pmw-ex1r-footage-import-issues-in-final-cut-pro]Converting Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro X

The quick workaround is to use the easy-to-use yet professional app called Brosoft Video Converter for Mac which can be used a
brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html
Sony XDCAM media converter under OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.Cool. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode Sony XDCAM MP4 to ProRes 422 which ensures maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Final Cut Pro. and it works well and converts flawlessly. If you're facing problems editing Sony PWM-EX1R/EX1/EX3 MP4 footage with Final Cut Pro (FCP X/7/6), chances are you already installed this great utility. If not, download it it from [quote] ngmco.net/download/?s=34ba480a7f5dbc782bb3dbf82622ab1e&n=test]Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Windows-trialHere.

Step 1: Install and launch the Sony PMW-EX1R video converter mac and click the "Add" button to load EX1R separate .mp4 files for converting.

Tip: Check the "Merge into one" box, you can join several EX1R clips together.

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Mkv-to-fcpx-steps

Step 2: Click on the "Format" and you will get a dropdown menu and then select Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), which is the best format for FCP.

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Prores422-options-fcp-mts

Tips: Click "Settings" to set video resolution (1920×1080/1440×1080/1280×720/720×480), bitrate(from 1Mbps to 20Mbps), frame rate (24p/30p) as you like. To deinterlace, crop, trim XDCAM MP4 video, click "Edit" menu.

Tricks for Editing Sony PMW-EX1R MP4 footage in FCP X  Parameters-in-settings-profile

Step 3: After above settings, hit "Convert" button to start transcoding [quote] lauralily10.tumblr.com/post/58838600852/sony-pmw-ex1r-and-fcp-x-transcode-ex1r-mp4-to-prores]Sony EX1R MP4 to ProRes for directly importing to Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7/6.

Once the process completes, you can click "Open" to locate the ProRes .MOV files ready to be imported into FCP.

You're done. If you want to transcode Sony PMW-EX1/EX3/EX1R footage for Premiere Pro, please choose the "Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2(*.mpg)" as output; For iMovie or FCE 4, choose the "iMovie and Final Cut Express -> Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)". For Avid MC, choose "Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov)".

Read More:
[quote] mac-video-compatibility.over-blog.com/types-of-apple-prores-codecs]Types of Apple ProRes Codecs
brorsoft.com/how-to/sony-pmw-ex3-to-fcp-x-workflow.html
How to import Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM media to FCP
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-pmw-ex1--rewrap-mxf-files-to-fcp.html
Transfer Sony PMW-EX1 XDCAM EX Rewarapped MXF files to FCP
movies-videos-convert-tips.overblog.com/tips-working-xdcam-ex-mp4-from-sony-ex1r-in-premiere-pro-cs5.5/cs4/cs3
Premiere Pro CS5.5/CS4/CS3 and Sony PMW-EX1R Workflow
pc-mac-files-transferring-and-editing.blogspot.com/2013/08/canon-xf305xf300-50mbps-mpeg-2-422.html
Transcoding Canon XF305/XF300 50Mbps MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Source:
How to import videos from Panasonic HDC-HS900 to iMovie

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down