SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert 60p AVCHD from Sony A57/A65/A77 for Editing in iMovie smoothly

Go down

Convert 60p AVCHD from Sony A57/A65/A77 for Editing in iMovie smoothly  Empty Convert 60p AVCHD from Sony A57/A65/A77 for Editing in iMovie smoothly

Post  lydia520622 Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Summary: The iMovie won’t import 1080 60p files from Sony A57, A65, A77, etc DSLR(SLT) Camera. The easy workaround is to transcode 60p AVCHD to iMovie friendly format AIC .mov.

Convert 60p AVCHD from Sony A57/A65/A77 for Editing in iMovie smoothly  Importing-mts-from-sony-alpha-dslr-to-imovie-mac

As you know most of Alpha DSLR(SLT) Cameras are hot lines from Sony. The new camera A99 as well Sony A57, A65, A77 can all record super-smooth 1080 60p(50p for PAL) AVCHD videos that delivers stunning picture quality. If you have got one of them, you may meet some incompatible troubles if you try to import its recorded AVCHD videos to iMovie for editing on Mac. Below are two typical examples from Google.

Q1: Can AVCHD video from A57 go straight into iMovie 11? Can AVCHD video be downloaded onto hard drive and done later. Are there any other choices rather the using AVCHD video in HD Bit a nightmare all this.

Q2: I’m using SLT-A77 and iMovie on a Macbook Pro, but when I shot the video in 1080/60p, I found the AVCHD cannot be recognized by iMovie. What am I missing here?

What’s the basic reason? In fact Sony company has collaborated with Apple Inc for a long time, why iMovie still can't work well with Sony videos? Although, AVCHD has been around for several years, 1080 60p/50p AVCHD files still cannot be fully supported well in iMovie, including iMovie 11. If you are recording AVCHD in 60i then iMovie 11 can do it fine. If however you are using 60p you must first
brorsoft.com/how-to/import-sony-60p-avchd-to-imovie.html
"repackage" 60p AVCHD into iMovie format it can understand.

The possible solution: Transocde the 60p AVCHD to AIC mov with Brorsoft
brorsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/index.html
MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac.

This AVCHD MTS converter can not only transcode Sony AVCHD files to iMovie, FCP, FCE, Avid Media Composer, but also provide you with some simple editing features, such as merging several videos into one file, deinterlacing the original footages, cropping video size, trimming video clips, adding special effects and text/image/video watermarks to output videos, thus it will be on the top of your list.

Step 1, get the top AVCHD to MOV converter and launch it to load your MTS/M2TS files from Sony A57/A65/A77.

Step 2, choose iMovie and Final Cut Express --> Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) as output format on the dropdown menu which you can get by clicking the Format bar.

Convert 60p AVCHD from Sony A57/A65/A77 for Editing in iMovie smoothly  Steps-canon-vixia-hf-r30-avchd-to-imovie

Step 3, adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need. We recommend 1920*1080 as video size, 30fps as video frame rate to get the best video quality.

Step 4, click the convert button and start transcoding 60p AVCHD files for iMovie on Mac OS X Mountain Lion immediately. After the conversion, you can easily import Sony Alpha SLT .mts to iMovie 9/10/11 for editing with high quality without any trouble.

Additional Tips for
brorsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/index.html
AVCHD to iMovie converter:
1. Joining files: Tick the box "Merge into one" on the main interface.
2. Preview: Double click on the file and you can get a preview on the converter.
3. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts.
4. Crop: Edit --> Crop and you can get the imported videos cropped as you want.

More topics:

brorsoft.com/how-to/transfer-sony-alpha-a99-1080p-mts-for-imovie-editing.html
Transfer Sony Alpha A99 1080p MTS for iMovie editing
brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-sony-a99-1080-60p-avchd-to-fcp-mac.html
Easy way to transfer Sony A99 1080 60p AVCHD footages to FCP on Mac
brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-sony-a77-avchd-1080p-mts-m2ts-to-adobe-premiere-cs55.html
Convert Sony A77 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere CS 5.5
brorsoft.com/how-to/get-avchd-footages-from-sony-a55-into-imovie-mac.html
Get Footages from Sony A55 into iMovie on Mac OS X
brorsoft.com/how-to/convert-sony-slt-a65-avchd-1080p-files-to-apple-prores-for-fcp-x-on-mac.html
Transcode Sony SLT-A65 AVCHD 1080p files to FCP X on Mac
pc-mac-files-transferring-and-editing.blogspot.com/2013/07/best-way-to-ingest-nikon-d7100-video-to.html
iMovie '11 won't import footage from my Nikon D7100
hd-video-transferring-mac-wins.jimdo.com/2013/07/14/avchd-transfer-to-final-cut-pro-import-sony-a57-a65-a77-60p-mts-to-fcp/
Edit Sony A57/A65/A77 1080 60p AVCHD to Final Cut Pro
androidiosconvertertips.altervista.org/blog/load-files-from-sony-handycam-hdr-pj790vpj780pj650v-to-avid-mc/
Sony Handycam to Avid Media Composer: HDR-PJ790V/PJ780/PJ650V
hanycam-hd-clips-ingesting.overblog.com/deinterlace/convert-sony-hdr-xr500v-1080-60i-avchd-footage-to-prores-for-fcp
Import Sony HDR-XR500V AVCHD to FCP for editing
Source:
Import 1080 60p AVCHD to iMovie: Sony A57/A65/A77

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down