SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer Canon R40 AVCHD footage at a lossless and Get it into Avid Media Composer

Go down

Transfer Canon R40 AVCHD footage at a lossless and Get it into Avid Media Composer Empty Transfer Canon R40 AVCHD footage at a lossless and Get it into Avid Media Composer

Post  lydia520622 Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Summary: Avid Media Composer can't support importing Canon Vixia R40 AVCHD footage. The easy workaround is to transcode MTS to DNxHD mov, native codec ensuring the best results for using Media Composer.

The Canon VIXIA HF R40 lets you record AVCHD or MP4 files. 1080/60p recording captures twice the amount of information as 60i, and with images captured at a rate of 60 frames per second, diagonal noise is minimized so even fast moving subjects are clearly recorded. 1080/60p recording also means that the still images you extract are high quality as well. The camera supports an improved bit rate of 28Mbps for AVCHD recording, and MP4 files are captured at a bit rate of up to 35Mbps. However, I usually saw VIXIA HF R40 camcorders users encounter importing issues when attempting to edit Canon Vixia R40 AVCHD footage with Avid Media Composer. Let's see some frequently asked questions on this.

Experience the new VIXIA HF R40 Digital Camcorder and after recording some 1080 60p AVCHD footage, I wanna get the videos to Avid Media Composer on my Mac OS X. But frustratingly I met the importing problems as the Avid can't import the recorded 1080 60P AVCHD video, the frame rate is so high and the codec is not friendly to Avid MC for editing, on Avid official website, it recommends DNxHD or XDCAM codec for editing, and DNxHD codec is the first choice.

To edit Canon VIXIA HF R40 MTS clips in Avid Media Composer smoothly, the best solution is to transcode MTS format to DNxHD codec, which ensures maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Avid Media Composer. For this purpose, this article will show you how to convert Canon VIXIA HF R40 AVCHD to DNxHD codec in detail.

Transcoding Canon VIXIA HF R40 MTS to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer

The quick workaround is to use the easy-to-use yet professional app called Brorosft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac which can be used as a Sony AVCHD MTS Converter under OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), Mountain Lion (10.Cool. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode MTS to DNxHD MOV for Avid Media Composer, and it works well and converts flawlessly. Below is how.

Step 1: Load VIXIA HF R40 footage to the Mac MTS to DNxHD Converter.

Use a card reader to copy and transfer the .mts files to iMac hard drive disk, run Mac Canon MTS Converter as the fast Mac MTS to ProRes Converter, and click the “Add” button to load the .mts videos. You can also use the drag-and-drop method to load the 1080p .mts files to the application UI.

If necessary, you can click the button "Merge into one" to join several MTS videos to one file.

Step 2. Choose outout format

Click the format bar or the pull down menu of "Format" to select output format. Just choose Avid Media Composer > Avid DNxHD(*.mov) as an output format.

Tip: You may as well click Settings to set video size to 1920*1080, frame rate to 30fps for easy editing.

Step 3: Start the conversion

Click Convert button to start to convert Canon VIXIA HF R40 AVCHD to Avid DNxHD. Once the conversion completes, simply click “Open” button to get the converted DNxHD MOV files. And now you can bring the output DNxHD MOV files into Avid Media Composer to create your own masterpieces.

brorsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/index.html

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down