SUFI TAUHID FILOS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canon T5i and FCP - Transcode/Import Canon T5i/EOS 700D MOV files to Final Cut Pro X/7/6

Go down

Canon T5i and FCP - Transcode/Import Canon T5i/EOS 700D MOV files to Final Cut Pro X/7/6  Empty Canon T5i and FCP - Transcode/Import Canon T5i/EOS 700D MOV files to Final Cut Pro X/7/6

Post  lydia520622 Mon May 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Summary: How to import Canon EOS 700D (Rebel T5i) MOV to FCP to edit? This article will introduce an easy way to convert Canon 700D MOV videos to FCP compatible ProRes MOV for editing in FCP X/7/6.

It’s glad to hear the new Canon 700D (Rebel T5i) with a better user experience. Its external body switches to the texture of the particle coating has a better touch feeling, slip resistance and better. Well, as the 650D does, the Canon 700D record videos in H.264 MOV format, which is not an ideal editing format. If you want to get smooth editing with your Canon 700D video clips, read on to find the solution below.

Canon 700D (Rebel T5i) videos are saved in 1080p30 .mov with H.264 as video codec and stereo sound with internal or external mics. Other cameras in ‘Rebel’ series, like Canon EOS 550D (Rebel T2i), Canon EOS 600D(Rebel T3i), and Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS) also records videos in H.264 MOV format. But this MOV video format came from EOS 700D is a FULL HD format that is highly compressed, its mov formats can not easily and directly import and edit on Mac with FCP 6/7, FCP X, iMovie, FCE, Avid, etc .

To edit Canon MOV footages in FCP, Apple Prores video is highly recommended because you can enjoy a smoother and faster editing process. Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, a top Mac Canon h.264 MOV Converter for Final Cut Pro is an excellent tool to transcode MOV to Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy on Mac OS X (Mountain Lion included).

For Canon EOS camera users, it is a best choice to import Canon MOV footage into FCP.

Step 1. Load H.264 .mov footage to Canon T5i MOV Converter

Transfer h.264 encoded .mov files from Canon T5i/700D camcorder to your Mac HDD via USB cable. Run the top Canon H.264 MOV to FCP Converter, and click the “Add” button to load .mov footage.

Step 2. Set a FCP friendly codec (e.g. Apple ProRes 422) as export format

Click on “Format” bar and set a FCP friendly codec in dropdown-list. You are advised to follow “Final Cut Pro” template and choose “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as export format. H.264 codec has a much higher compression ratio than Apple ProRes, so the ingested files are significantly larger than the original files. If you prefer smaller file size, choose “Apple ProRes 422 (LT) (*.mov)” instead. The “Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) (*.mov)” format offers file size at SD levels and is recommended for 480i/p and 576i/p shootings.

Note: If you are a FCP 6 or former version user, you only can choose ProRes 422 and ProRes 422 HQ as the output format.

Step 3. Set possible best quality for FCP editing

Click the “Settings” button and customize proper video/ audio parameters if necessary. Video size, bitrate and fame rate are flexible and can be adjusted as you like. E.g. Set video size to 1920*1080 when you feel like to keep 1080p as the source file features. Or set “original” in video bitrate drop-down list to keep best quality. You may skip this step as well as default format works well with FCP too.

Step 4. Start transcoding Canon MOV to ProRes codec

Start the process to convert Canon Rebel T5i(700D) .mov files to ProRes 422 for FCP workflow by clicking the big “Convert” button.

Tip: Before you try to do the conversion, if you are also a FCP X user, please make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.

Once the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the output files effortlessly. Now you have got it right, feel free to import and edit converted load Canon Rebel T5i 700D .mov files to Final Cut Pro 6/7X.

brorsoft.com/video-converter-mac/index.html

lydia520622

Jumlah posting : 424
Registration date : 2013-03-21

Back to top Go down